Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30: Okay, missed a few days

So my cold turned into a sinus infection.  I didn't get a lot done this week.  I'm feeling a little better today.

I DID get my brand new cycling shoes from Performance online, and they FIT!  Yay!  I hope to get out tomorrow and try them...

I went to the Theatre Bay Area General Auditions today.  I think I did okay.  It was very well organized, and we went into the theatre in groups of six.  I was fourth in my group.  So I watched the first three go, and they all did pretty well, but they also all got "time" called on them.  After my experience at South Bay having "time" called on me with about two seconds to go, I REALLY trimmed down both my monologues and pretty much went right from one into the other.  But I got a laugh on my comedy one, which is always good.  My monologues were: Agnes in BUG by Tracy Letts and Caroline in OPENING ACT by Jules Tasca.  I'm going to start memorizing a new comedy and a new dramatic monologue for March auditions...and keep practicing my Shakespeare monologue (and find a comedic one I like).  Whew!

After the audition, I had to drive to Newark and then to Oakland to help Brent out with his Spongebob gigs (in return for him going with me to San Francisco and navigating the crazy streets there).  So it was a very, very busy day.  I'm happy to be home, now.

SUMMATION:
Acting - Felt good about TBA general audition
Bicycling - Eager to try out my new shoes and bar ends
Cats - Oh, I've hardly seen them today!  Time to go snuggle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment