Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57: I HAVE A JOB!!!

It's been a crazy week.  Ashke is doing better, but he's been in the bedroom since I picked him up from the vets on Sunday.  I'm making sure he eats and pees and doesn't have another blockage.  He picked up a virus at the vets and is sneezing, but I'm keeping an eye out in case he needs more antibiotics.  Poor kitty!

Saturday's class at ACTC's Academy went well.  I did my talk on nutrition, and I was told I did a good job, so that was nice!  I was the sweep for our group, but nothing major happened so I didn't need to hang back with anyone.  It's a good group of students, and I can't wait 'til we get on some longer rides.  Tomorrow's still up in the air, though, as it may be cancelled if it's raining...

So, Monday I got a call from OSH saying they wanted to move to the next step.  They wanted to verify my salary (I faxed my last paycheck from my last job), and check my references.  I waited on pins and needles all week, and got a call this morning.  I was offered the job of Associate Buyer!  Thus ends almost two years of unemployment!!!  I'm so excited.  But I have to wait until March 15th to start!  Sigh.  I go in for a drug test on Monday, and they're doing a background check on me.  I really, really hope bad credit doesn't nix this job, 'cause I was just in the midst of fixing it when I lost my last job, and I've been barely hanging on for the last two years... I really need this job in order to pay off my bills and get my credit RIGHT for once...so that, just maybe, someday I can own a home...

I've been reading a bunch of plays...ones I want to audition for, and ones related to the one I'm going to be in (THE THREE SISTERS by Anton Chekov).  My rehearsals start on March 21st.  Yay!  March is a busy month for me!

SUMMATION:
Acting - reading plays, working on monologues, getting ready for rehearsals
Bicycling - got my front wheel trued this week, hope the brakes don't rub, looking forward to Academy tomorrow
Cats - Ashke's hanging in there, Starlight & Shala want more attention.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment