Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40: Computers and Callbacks and Cats, oh my...

Crazy last few days...Saturday my sister came over.  We played games with my mom (Scrabble, Cribbage, & Trivia Pursuit).  I slipped out around noon to run off to my audition at Dragon Theatre in Palo Alto for ANTON IN SHOW BUSINESS.  I really want the part of Casey.  Anyway, I was very excited when I made callbacks.

So Sunday my sister and I headed up to San Francisco.  We went to the Ferry building and ate lunch at The Slanted Door.  YUM!  (and expensive...but she paid, even though I SAID I'd help out...so I told her if I get this job I'm treating her to a nice meal).  Then we booked over to SFO to pick up her wife at the airport.  Plane was supposed to arrive at three, and I didn't have to be at callbacks 'til six.  So, of course, it turns out she wasn't on that plane (that arrived ten minutes early).  And my sister's phone was dead, and mine was almost dead.  After about forty-five minutes, my sister got her charger out of her car, and we found an outlet at the airport.  We got the phone on just in time for her wife to call...it turns out her flight from Eureka to Sacramento to SFO was changed to Eureka to Denver to SFO...so she was in a different terminal and had to make her way over to us.  Phew!

So, by then, I knew I wouldn't have time to go home and then come back and not be late for my audition.  So I had my sister drop me off at the theatre (got there at 5pm).  I walked over to Starbucks for a little warm hot chocolate, then I walked back to the theatre and hung out 'til the director got there about twenty minutes 'til six.  I did the callback (I think I was OK, but I don't think I did my very best...just the best I could do at that time...I was worried about my ride home...my ride was supposed to be there by 8:30 in case we got out early (potentially going until nine).  After my callback (and finding out I won't know my status in or not in the play until, possibly, this coming Saturday...sigh), I had to call my ride, 'cause it was 7:45, and he hadn't even left yet.  So I walked BACK to Starbucks and had a cup of tea (so glad it's a "safe" feeling busy neighborhood there!).  I finally got picked up and taken home.  Thanks, Brent!

I had a mysterious pain in my left wrist...it's been two days, but I think it's finally getting better...it's that pain that kept me from cycling yesterday.

So I didn't get in any bike rides the last few days (and it was supposed to thunderstorm all day today...instead it did a little last night and we only had a tiny bit of rain today, and some welcome sun).  I spent a good portion of today trying to get the house computers in okay shape...cleaning up my virtual desktop on my Mac and CCleaning and defragmenting my PC (which helped a tiny bit...I think the BIG problem is that there's just not enough memory).  I also helped my mom set up her new laptop (on sale for just over three hundred at Best Buy)...mostly added security software, Firefox browser, and the pretty desktop choices...

I also finished the list for the one-acts I'm producing/acting in...it's the list of set, set pieces, props, costumes (or as much as we could know of these at this point in time).

Worked a little on my monologues...

Excited that I got picked as both a playwright and an actor for Bindlepunks: PULLED FROM THE SACK at the Dragon Theatre this Friday/Saturday (basically we create 8 plays in 24 hours).

Whew!  Finally, I'm behind on my TV and Neflix watching...and I'm FREEZING, so I'm gonna go see if I can warm up and watch a few shows before sleeping.

SUMMATION:
Acting - Waiting for how I did on callbacks, practiced monologues, worked on one-acts
Bicycling - None the last few days, but hoping to at least get out a little tomorrow...
Cats - Always around, sometimes yowling, sometimes mewing, sometimes sleeping, always adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment