Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42: Interview at OSH

So today I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware for the Associate Buyer position.  This was the first time in a long while where I had the usual "interview questions"; so it was a challenge since I've not been working for two years.  I had to reach far back in my memory to help me answer some of those questions.  I hope I did okay.  I really, really want this job and think I'd be the ideal candidate for it.  Plus, you just can't beat the enthusiasm of someone unemployed for two years with a last unemployment check merely three weeks away!  While seemingly desperate (okay, I am, a little), I'm far more enthusiastic.  I just hope they hire me so I can show them how right they were in doing so!  They will not be disappointed in the least!

I mailed off my registration for the Cinderella Classic.  Hopefully I'm one of the first 2,500 women, since that's all they have room for.  And I hope to be able to either purchase or borrow a lighter bike so I can complete the "Challenge" ride. :)

I worked on my monologues and my screenplay for a bit today...

And I saw A SERIOUS MAN on DVD.  It's up for a best picture Oscar.  I only have two more best picture nominees to see before the Academy Awards!  I really enjoyed A SERIOUS MAN.  It was well done: poignant, funny, sad.  Much like life.  Definitely worth seeing, and, I think, a good contender for best picture!  Though I'm pretty sure AVATAR is gonna walk away with it...

SUMMATION:
Acting - monologues and script
Bicycling - sent off CC registration.  Now I HAVE to be in shape by April 10th.
Cats - Submitted Starlight for the Bissell contest this next week.  Vote for him between February 12th thru 18th at http://mvp.bissell.com/mvp_PetDetail.aspx?id=8590012858

Ciao,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment