Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Internet Convenience

Just thinking today about how convenient the internet is.  Twenty years ago, I'd have to look up info in an encyclopedia or go without knowing.  Thankfully I had my then-boyfriend around for movie questions...just a quick call and I'd know the name of the director or actor I was thinking of.  But nowadays, I can just pop on the internet, and most likely I'll have an answer.  I wanted to know if I had to memorize formulas for the MCAT...pop onto Google, ask the question, and "boom" I now know that I won't really need to do that.  Yay!  Of course, it's always tougher in the car.  I don't want to use the cellphone there, so I'm constantly repeating to myself the thing I thought of and want to know the answer to so the minute I park I can pop on and look up the answer.  The pros and cons of today's communication.

In the meantime, I'm looking for work daily, but not finding too much.  Still hoping for that "perfect" job, but willing to take just about anything with benefits that lets me still go to school.  And still fighting off the depression that wants to take hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment